Monday, September 22, 2008

February 2007

One of my daughters favorite sayings is
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." John Lennon
Well my life has been quite full so far this year and I don't have a whole lot to show for it. To begin with, we returned from our Christmas in New Meaxico by the skin ofour teeth. The airport in Albuquerque closed a few hours after we left, as well as the states two interstates. Can you imagine only having two major highways! When we sprang the kitties from the "kennel" one was seriously ill. We had to say goodbye in January to our dear "Seminary" Cat. Don't think I'm one of those blue haired "old ladies "who idolizes her pets, but out of a litter of sixteen there is now only one. Do cats go to heaven?

My husband first came out to Arlington, with this one cat. It gave them a chance to bond. (He previously was a "dog"person.") During the weeks they were here alone, they put together a tall corner cupboard for the computer. One night at he lifted it to its full eight, Meg's eyes followed the cabinet up. In admiration she said, "WEOW"

Wouldn't it be nice if when we accomplish a task in our lives there was someone o say "Wow!"to us. We remember that when we wee children how excited our parents were when we took our first steps. or learned a new word. I had the joy of living around the corner from my parents for most of my adult life. Whenever I finished a poem, or a new quilt, I could walk down to their house and get my :"Wow!" Now I have to ask friends, "How do you like my poem?" So here is Charlotte's poem.

MAGGI
I think my cat's been mesmerized
A glassy look is in her eyes
The nieghbor's mouse has fanticized the act
The fireplace is crackling heat
the mouse, and friends with happy feet
Are dancxing to the drumming beat
Aned that--
Has frightened my poor Maggie dear
Who use to hunt with passion clear,
And strike in mousedom awsom fear of cat!

When our parents are no longer around to validate our deeds and good works it is indeed nice to be able to turn to someone who cares about us. I find that in Relief Society. I am grateful to have this set of potential friends ready and waiting for me whenever the need to move happens. And of course we have a loving Father whom we can choose to ask.

For a little help for the week, Heloise says, "If you are having trouble threading needles, you can help the thread move more easily through the needle eye if you dab the end with a tiny bit of colorless nail polish. Let it dry and then poke through the needle."

Wendy

"Eaxperiment upon my words. And exerrcise a particle of faith, yea, even if you can no more than desire to believe, let this desir work in you Alma 32;27

No comments: