Wednesday, November 26, 2008

More Friends Quilts



Peggy's Quilt

(Peggy wanted one of my quilts but I was only making baby quilts and she, at 50 didn't want another baby! So I made her a black and white half square triangle filled with stars when her husband had a stroke on Christmas)

PEGGY

I remember
Stars
Camping
Canoeing.
I remember
Talking
Laughing
Crying.
I remember
Peggy.

Bishop Spencer

(When the Bishop moved back to Utah the ward made a quilt for him. Many ward members signed the light stripe in a brown, green, gold and white rail fence. Rita wanted it in beige and cream, but we made it in the colors of the hills around us.)

NOT TAUPE AND CLEAR

It isn't beige
It isn't cream
But wait a sec-
Before you scream,
S'not where it goes
But where it's been
It's sent with love
From Gold and Green.

ACHIEVEMENT DAY GIRLS
(Before I moved I had my Achievement Day Girls each paint a block and then made a King Spread for my new apartment from them. Every night I can remember and pray for them.)

Achievement Day Girls

They're goofy,
They're silly,
They're ornery,
They're fun.
But I love those girls,
Indeed, every one.

No comments: