Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rene's words

RHYTHM
I like the rhythm of the city,
The slam bump of the garbage trucks--
Honking horns--
Train whistles--
Sirens as an emergency is settling.
Its so different from the silent
Desert mountains.
Could I return to the
Crackling thunder;
The lonely coyote call;
The Taos HUUMMMMMMMM?



I’ve never spent November
In Virginia
Grey clouds thicken the
Sky like a soft blanket.
Quiet enfolds the landscape
Moisture hangs in the air--
Waiting,
Expecting,
Sliding slowly
To the ground
In expectation
Of things to come.



CONTEMPLATING ETERNITY
GONE WRONG

Silently,
She slipped the photos of the children
Into the garbage.
Looking around the cafeteria
She pictured the tug-of-war of
Family Night
Miniature copies of their ancestors
Were fighting for attention.
Then laughing hysterically she
Walked out into the night
Alone.




friends
Though you are my sister,
You’re also my friend.
The love that you show me
I hope never ends.

The hard times that we share
The good times, the fun—
The blessings God gives me--
I’m glad you are one!



hugs

I need a hug today.
I sometimes feel this way
When will this sadness end
I think I need a friend

No comments: