Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Family Quilts



I love quilting, and I love writing poetry. When I started making quilts for members of my family I decided to send them a poem too. These are the poems for the "Family Quilts".

These poems were written after the deaths of my husband, and son.

Friends
(double nine patch)

Nothingness is gone
My heart is yours forever,
Because you made me
Need you
Lovinly,
Sweetly,
As youwill always need me.

Her Share
(star sampler)

She's had her share
Of Sadness,
They say
And I
But Wonder
Who Decides
How large is my share,
How small is yours.
What is the greater price

SOMEDAY SPRING
When my heart freezes
From grief, and Sorrow,
And Pain,
At least--
At least someday I know
The sun will shine again.


BROKEN DREAMS AND RAINBOWS
(Amish Roman stripe)

Children
Dream dreams-
Reaching for the stars-
Hoping for all the world has to give.
But sometimes,
Our hopes are unfulfilled,
Our Dreams broken.

All my life
As different dreams have been broken,
You have beeen my rainbow
Shining through the storms of my life.

Till now
Though bent
You still shine brightly
Through the darkness

No comments: