Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sister"s Choice



I’ve been working on a new quilt this week for a friend. The pattern is called Sister’s choice. I like to write a poem or story to go with my quilts, so I’ve   been fooling around with different story ideas about sister’s making a choice. This morning I sat and wrote a poem.

SISTER’S CHOICE

Today I choose
To bring a smile
To someone lost in pain.
Today I choose
To walk a mile
For someone else’s gain
Today I choose
To give my heart
To help someone in need
Today I’ve made the sister’s choice
I am God’s child in deed.

What kind of choices do we make in our lives each day?  What shall we wear? What shall we eat? What do we read or watch or listen too?  Are we happy, or tired, or angry? In making our choices are we aware of how our action may affect the lives or those around us?
How do you feel when your boss yells at you, or your friend gives you a smile and a cheerful greeting.
Today, with a prayer in your mind, with a song in your heart seee a positive choice to make a difference in someone’s life.
“Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” -Wayne Dyer

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them."_W Clement Stone

"Any person who recognizes this greatest power... the owner to choose begins to realize that he is the one that is doing the choosing and that friends, although they mean will, cannot do his choosing for him, nor can his relatives. Consequently, he develops real self confidence based upon his own ability, upon hes own action, and upon his own initiative."-J. Martin Koeh 

A man either lives  life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away."-Gene Roddenberry 

p.s. "It was my sister's choice. We took turns every week and this week it was her turn. The suspense was almost unbearable; she'd managed to keep all the details to herself.... "