Monday, May 24, 2021

It's May!

 

May—one of the most loved months of the year; When nature bursts out, fresh, beautiful, and colorful, after the cold dry winter. And yet, as much as I itch to get out into my garden, I can’t. I just don’t have the energy after this crazy last year. I’m ready for earth’s rebirth to beauty if I can talk someone else into doing the work! We hired a landscaper to extend a couple of our terraces and make a couple of raised beds. I can’t get flowers till they are finished though.  It is making me crazy with impatience instead of enjoying my impatiens. What do you like to plant?

 

There is a long list of things celebrated in May. I was surprised. Here, are just a few of them.

Which of the following might you be most easily motivated to observe?

Top of Form

  • Better Sleep Month
  • Correct Posture Month
  • Employee Health and Fitness Month
  • Get Caught Reading Month
  • Personal History Awareness Month
  • Revise Your Work Schedule Month
  •  

I think I must have chosen Get caught reading month. I have read so many books in the last year of semi -idleness during the pandemic. I have discovered a lot of new authors to enjoy. I even became one, collecting my poetry and publishing it on Amazon.

 

Personal history awareness would be a good one too. Have you done anything notable, curious, or memorable in the last year? I’m not sure my descendants would care about the six quilts, or four afghans I made, but they might enjoy reading my words.

 

And I guess I’d better hurry and Revise My Work Schedule Month before the summer hits. Let’s see…..DO SOMETHING! Today I will start painting the cover for my next book of poetry, The Pregnant Elephant.

It is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top.-Virginia Woolf

 

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.-Floyd Dell

 

What do you want to accomplish this year? I would like to hear.

No comments: