Thursday, June 6, 2013

Loss



                      
It is Isn’t It?

I
Lack
A lilac
Is it really spring?
Cherry blossoms are blowing away
Forsythia bends its blossoms in the breeze
April showers hover
The earth quakes in anticipation.
Birds sing their cheery song
It should be spring!
But
I
Lack
A lilac

Wendy
        FOUND


                              I think my word was
                              Scrumptious
                              But I lost it in my
                              Mind
                              As I wandered through
                              Our early spring
                              It was left behind.

                              Yet, You'll be happy that
                              I found
                              The lilac you've been
                              Missing
                              There it was just
                              Waking up
                              Near sweet Willow
                              Who was weeping.

                              My eyes and I we sat
                              Right down
                              We had a scrumptious
                              Feast
                              And I found what I was
                              Searching for.........
                              To say the
                              Least.
Jill

Loss
Poor little lilac
Planted just this spring.
What hopes,
What dreams I had for us.
My heart did want to sing.
I’d take your blooms
Into my arms.
And smell your heady scent.
I’d think of friends
With lilacs too
Whose memory was meant
To be recalled in springtime.
But I am gone
And you are lost
And memories will fade
Again I lack a lilac
I’m hanging up my spade.

wendy

No comments: