Tuesday, December 1, 2009




I hope you are going to have a Merry Christmas-Making plan to visit with family, or planning some fun activities. together.

For Thanksgiving each year, I go with my husband to the Christian Science Church for a Thanksgiving service. This year they had a new hymn, which caught my interest
One line in particular inspired me
“All things are mine
Since I am His.
How can I keep from singing?”-Robert Lowery

When we think of all the good and sweet things we have been blessed with, how can we keep from singing? How can we accept the happiness we have without wanting to share?
The December Ensign quotes President Dieter F. Uchtdorf; “Disciples of Christ throughout all ages of the world have been distinguished by their compassion…. In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance. Let us open our eyes and see the heavy hearts, notice the loneliness and despair; let us feel the silent prayers of others around us, and let us be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer those prayers. (“Happiness, Your Heritage,” Ensign Nov. 2008)

I have found it interesting since I’ve been on Face Book, how many times, when a comment was made about a person’s health, or family troubles; friends will say “We’ll be praying for you”. “How can I help?” So when my sister told me her daughter had her baby last night and that he needed heart surgery immediately; I asked my face book friends to pray. I asked them if they knew anyone in Philadelphia who might be able to help a young family in need. The replies were quick , loving, and welcome.
A truck hit a young boy getting off the bus in my hometown. The prayers and help for both families were immediate and heart warming.
A local New Mexico teacher needing a bone marrow transplant was an inspiration to many years worth of students to do a fund raising auction to collect money just to register him for a bone marrow search.
There are people in our neighborhoods who could use a hug, a smile , a friend. There are may ways we can all join in “Singing” and sharing our love and good fortune with those around us.
Merry Christmas and
Keep Singing! And Praying! Share your spirit.

Ps. 81: 1
1 Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.

No comments: